Kelly is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Registered Yoga Teacher providing psychotherapy, mindfulness practice and yoga instruction to children and adults. Being trained in these modalities allows her to work from a holistic perspective, understanding the relationship between the body and mind. She is a directive and warm therapist, providing insight and practical ways to help her patients build on their unique strengths.
Kelly utilizes Cognitive Behavioral and Psychodynamic therapy techniques to treat ADHD, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, life transitions, and post-partum depression. As the Alternative Therapies Specialist at The Hallowell Center New York for 7 years, she worked directly with Dr Ned Hallowell, renowned author and expert in the field. At the Center, Kelly gained invaluable experience using non-medication approaches for the treatment of ADHD and related disorders.
Kelly has practiced yoga for over 10 years, and recently began training in Jon Kabat-Zinn’s, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. MBSR is a form of complementary medicine offered in over 250 U.S. hospitals and is currently the focus of a number of research studies funded by The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
Kelly enjoys running groups because their collaborative and supportive nature yields positive changes quickly. Some of the groups she will be bringing to Brown Psychological Services, part of Kids Under One Roof are:
- Therapeutic Yoga for Kids
- Mindfulness practice for teens
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Adults
- New and Expecting Moms with ADHD, Anxiety and/or Depression
In addition to groups, Kelly offers the following services:
- Individual Psychotherapy for children and adults
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for adolescents and adults
- Individual Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness Training
- Alternative Therapy Assessment and Recommendations
- Couples and Family Therapy